- The Innovator s Mindset Empower Learning Unleash Talent and Lead a Culture of Creativity
Kids walk into schools full of wonder and questions. How you, as an educator, respond to students’ natural curiosity can help further their own exploration and shape the way they learn today and in the future.
The traditional system of education requires students to hold their questions and compliantly stick to the scheduled curriculum. But our job as educators is to provide new and better opportunities for our students. It’s time to recognize that compliance doesn’t foster innovation, encourage critical thinking, or inspire creativity–and those are the skills our students need to succeed.
In The Innovator’s Mindset, George Couros encourages teachers and administrators to empower their learners to wonder, to explore–and to become forward-thinking leaders. If we want innovative students, we need innovative educators. In other words, innovation begins with you. Ultimately, innovation is not about a skill set: it’s about a mindset.
The Innovator’s Mindset is for you if:
- You are a superintendent, district administrator, or principal who wants to empower your staff to create a culture of innovation
- You are a school leader – at any level – and want to help students and educators become their personal best.
- You are a teacher who wants to create relevant learning experiences and help students develop the skills they need to be successful.
You’ll be inspired to:
- Connect with other innovative educators
- Support teachers and leaders as learners
- Tap into the strength of your learning community
- Create ongoing opportunities for innovation
- Seek more effective methods for measuring progress
- And, most importantly, embrace change and use it to do something amazing